The Cuckoo Clock
Information in brief
- The typical clock of the Black Forest with artistic carvings
- It is manufactured in the Black Forest to this day
Cuckoo clocks were probably built for the first time in the Black Forest between 1730 and 1750. The original handcrafted production developed into an industry in the Black Forest from the 19th century. A good cuckoo clock has several functions: the doors open and close, the cuckoo takes a bow every hour and moves its beak and wings at the same time.
- The first biggest cuckoo clock in the world in Schonach
- The world biggest cuckoo clock near Triberg
- German Clock and Watch Museum in Furtwangen