The Black Forest house
Photo: A magnificent Black Forest farmstead in Prechtal
Information in brief
- Typical form with a hipped roof
- Found mainly in the central and southern Black Forest
The typical Black Forest farmhouse - also referred to as a Black Forest house – has been built in this form for hundreds of years. You will find it mainly in the central and southern Black Forest.
Photo: Black Forest farmhouse in Oberried
For the most part, the Black Forest houses are still used as dwelling houses, as well as for agriculture and tourism.
- Vogtsbauernhof open-air museum in Gutach
- Klausenhof open-air museum in Herrischried
- Farm holidays in the Black Forest