The Black Forest house
Information in brief
- Typical form with a hipped roof
- Found mainly in the central and southern Black Forest
The typical Black Forest farmhouse - also referred to as a Black Forest house – has been built in this form for hundreds of years. You will find it mainly in the central and southern Black Forest.
For the most part, the Black Forest houses are still used as dwelling houses, as well as for agriculture and tourism.
- Vogtsbauernhof open-air museum in Gutach
- Klausenhof open-air museum in Herrischried
- Farm holidays in the Black Forest