Staufen in the Black Forest
Map: Black Forest
Information in brief
- Location: at the western edge of the Southern Black Forest, 20 km south of Freiburg
- Autobahn A 5 exit at Bad Krozingen (No. 64a)
- 280-720 m above sea level
- 7.700 inhabitants
- Districts: Grunern, Wettelbrunn
Staufen lies at the western edge of the Black Forest, where the Münstertal Valley goes out to the Upper Rhine Valley.
The most famous inhabitant of Staufens was Johann Georg Faust, who was the model for Goethe's masterpiece.
- Staufen official website (in German)