Lenzkirch in the Black Forest
Map: Location of Lenzkirch in the Black Forest
Information in brief
- Location: in the Southern Black Forest, 7 km south of Titisee-Neustadt
- Autobahn A 5 exit at Freiburg- Mitte (No. 62) or A81 exit at Bad Dürrheim (No. 37)
- 718-1192 m above sea level
- 5.000 inhabitants
- Districts: Saig, Kappel, Raitenbuch, Grünwald
Lenzkirch is located in the High Black Forest between the attractions of Lake Titisee, the Feldberg mountain, Lake Schluchsee and Wutachschlucht Gorge, which are known far and wide. Lenzkirch also lies on the German Clock Road. Lenzkirch and its districts are located on a slightly undulating, largely open plateau, which offers marvellous views over the High Black Forest.
There is a picture postcard view of Lake Titisee from the lookout tower on the Hochfirst mountain. This can be reached from Saig on foot and via Neustadt by car. Lenzkirch provides many opportunities for walking tours, cycle tours, mountain bike tours (marked routes of different levels of difficulty) and also winter sports activities, including 3 ski-lifts, a toboggan run and a large number of cross-country skiing courses.
- Surroundings: Lake Schluchsee (10 km), Lake Titisee (10 km), Wutachschlucht Gorge (15 km) and Feldberg Mountain (15 km)
Further information - link
- Municipality of Lenzkirch official website (in German)