Mainau, the Island of Flowers in Lake Constance
Information in brief
- A small island in Lake Constance
- The nearest towns are Constance, Meersburg and Überlingen
- Parks with Mediterranean and exotic plants
- You can reach the island by boat, bus or car
The Flower Island of Mainau in Lake Constance is worth a visit at any time of the year.
The island is one enormous park, in which a beautiful palace church, magnificent rose gardens, tropical greenhouses and an old Baroque palace can be found. There are special interest themes which change every year.
Other attractions include the butterfly house, arboretum with the Grand Ducal tree collection, Italian floral and water cascade and palm house with an orchid show in spring and, last but not least, the Mainau children's park with a playground, the Märklin garden railway, floral animals, farm, petting zoo and pony rides.
Links to websites of some places of interest
- Mainau - official website
- Lake Dwelling Museum in Unteruhldingen