Alpirsbach in the Black Forest
Map: Location of Alpirsbach in the Black Forest
Information in brief
- Location: in the Central Black Forest, 20 km south from Freudenstadt
- Autobahn A81 exit at Oberndorf (No. 33)
- 400- 800 m above sea level
- 6.900 inhabitants
- Districts: Ehlenbogen, Peterzell, Reinerzau, Reutin, Römlinsdorf, Rötenbach
Alpirsbach is located in the upper Kinzig valley, approximately 20 km south of Freudenstadt. Although it is known because of the local brewery, the town and its districts have much more to offer.
The monastery church in Alpirsbach celebrated its 900th anniversary just a few years ago. Amongst other things, relics of the history of the monastery are on display in the information centre opened for the occasion, and the church and the monastery complex are open to the public.
Photo: The monastery church, the town's landmark
Hotels in Alpirsbach
Holiday apartments in Alpirsbach
Further information - links to other websites
- City of Alpirsbach official website
Photo: Church place
Photo: Barrage 'Kleine Kinzig'